In 2013 the Cheshire and Merseyside Education Group reformed as the Education Strategy Group for Cheshire and Merseyside Palliative and End of Life Care Network. In 2015 the group undertook a Visioning exercise that reviewed achievements and created a vision for the future.
To promote a consistent approach to education across the network. To enhance collaborative working between hospices and other palliative care services delivering education. To promote quality.
The group meets four times a year and The Strategy Group includes representation from eleven localities with hospice, community trusts, acute sector and patient representation. The Visioning half day allows for time out to reflect and develop innovative ideas.
The Education Strategy Group have achieved the following:
- A robust evaluation process for delivery of all education funded by MPET
- Sharing of innovative ideas – Clear educational structures and frameworks
- Strong chair, effective leadership, good communication and network support
- Raised awareness and profile of the education and the group
- Cohesive strong, engaged functioning group
- MPET funds supported delivery plans in each locality
In an era when release of staff is very difficult the group's most recent project has been to support the development of a training needs analysis of the palliative care educators to have the skills and knowledge to educate the workforce and recognise and take every opportunity to facilitate learning one to one, in order to reach a critical mass of generic health and social care staff, thereby changing the culture of care.
The group have been instrumental in setting and driving up educational standards across the network in all settings (including hospices) with a consistent approach, development of frameworks, sharing ideas and promoting inclusivity. This group has made a huge difference to the education programme across Cheshire and Merseyside.
- © 2015, Published by the BMJ Publishing Group Limited. For permission to use (where not already granted under a licence) please go to http://group.bmj.com/group/rights-licensing/permissions
Statistics from Altmetric.com
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.